Best Laptosp For Developer – Developers can develop websites and applications on any laptop or desktop, but that is not always the problem. Laptops for developers must have a portable design and powerful specs that can carry the task of any development software. Earlier in 2018, there are a lot of new laptops releasing that have more modern processors and graphics cards that utilize less power and are also powerful than their predecessors. We have chosen the Top 10 Best Laptop For Developers for compiling and coding.
If you are a developer, then having a laptop with suitable hardware specification is required for your coding and compiling job. Having the great mixture of hardware and excellent keyboard is most significant aspects when you select the best laptop or notebook for programming.
Check out the table list of Top 10 Best Laptop For Developers below and share this list with your friends, family or loved ones.
Best Laptop For Developers Laptop Name Laptop Rank Laptop Rating Apple 15″ MacBook Pro 1st 9.5 out of 10 Dell XPS 13 9360 2nd 9.4 out of 10 Microsoft Surface Laptop 3rd 9.3 out of 10 ASUS ROG Strix GL502VM 4th 9.3 out of 10 HP ENVY 13-inch 5th 9.2 out of 10 LG gram 6th 9.2 out of 10 Microsoft Surface Book 7th 9.1 out of 10 Acer Aspire S 13 8th 9.1 out of 10 ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH5Q 9th 9.0 out of 10 Lenovo ThinkPad E560 10th 8.9 out of 10
Top 10 Best Laptop For Developers
Apple 15" MacBook Pro, Retina, Touch Bar, 2.8GHz Intel Core i7 Quad Core, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Space Gray, MPTR2LL/A...
- 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with Turbo Boost up to 3.8GHz
- 16GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
- 256GB SSD storage
- Radeon Pro 555 with 2GB memory
- Touch Bar and Touch ID
Dell XPS 13 9360 13.3" Laptop QHD+ Touchscreen 7th Gen Intel Core i7-7500U, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVME SSD Machined Aluminum...
- This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic box. Only select sellers who maintain a high performance bar may offer Certified Refurbished products on Amazon.com
12 used from $500.00
- Microsoft Surface Laptop features a 7th generation Intel Core i5 processor, 256 GB of storage, 8 GB RAM, and up to 14.5 hours of video playback
- Backed by the best of Microsoft, including Windows and Office
- Four tone-on-tone color combinations
- Natural typing and trackpad experience, Ultra-thin and light; luxurious Alcantara fabric-covered keyboard
ASUS ROG Strix GL502VM 15.6" G-SYNC VR Ready Thin and Light Gaming Laptop NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB Intel Core i7-7700HQ...
5 used from $999.99
- Latest-generation NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB Graphics Card, Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor, 2.8GHz (6M Cache, Turbo up to 3.8GHz)
- 16GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, 128GB SATA III SSD + 1TB HDD
- 15.6" FHD 1920x1080 G-SYNC Display with Wideview Panel, 170° Viewing Angles
- Duo-copper thermal module and dual cooling fans for increased CPU and GPU performance
- 1x HDMI 2.0 Port, 1x mini Displayport, 802.11ac WiFi 2x2, Bluetooth 4.1, 1x USB 3.1-Type C(Gen 2), 1x Headphone-out and Audio Combo Jack, 1x RJ45 LAN Jack
HP ENVY 13-inch Laptop, Intel Core i7-8550U, 8GB RAM, 256GB solid-state drive, Windows 10 (13-ad120nr, Silver)
- Processor: 8th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U, Quad-Core, 1.8GHz up to 4GHz; Step up performance with smooth system responsiveness and fast load times for an exceptional PC experience.
- Display: 13.3-inch diagonal FHD (1920x1080) IPS micro-edge WLED-backlit multitouch-enabled edge-to-edge glass; Get expansive, vibrant images and control your entertainment from a screen with a barely visible bezel.
- Light Weight Laptop - Weighs Under 2.5 Pounds
- Long-Lasting 60Wh Battery , Speakers : Stereo Speaker (1.0W x 2).
- 15.6 Inch Full HD IPS Display w/ Ultra-Slim Bezel
- Multiple Inputs - Including USB Type-C
- Back-Lit Keyboard
12 used from $699.00
- 13.5-inch PixelSense touchscreen display (3000 x 2000) resolution
- 6th Gen Intel® CoreTM i7-6600 6th Gen Intel® with NVIDIA GeForce GPU (1GB GDD5 Memory)
- Windows 10 Pro operating system
- Incredibly mobile at 3.48 pounds (1576 grams)
- Surface Pen included
Acer Aspire S 13 Touch, 13.3" Full HD, Intel Core i5, 8GB LPDDR3, 256GB SSD, Windows 10 Home, S5-371T-58CC
- 6th Generation Intel Core i5-6200U Processor 2.3GHz (Up to 2.8GHz)
- 13.3" Full HD (1920 x 1080) Multi-touch widescreen LED-backlit IPS display
- 8GB LPDDR3 Memory, 256GB SSD
- Windows 10 Home
- Up to 13-hours Battery Life
ASUS ZenBook UX330UA-AH5Q 13.3-inch QHD+ Ultra-Slim Laptop (Core i5 Processor, 8GB DDR3, 256GB SSD, Windows 10), Harman Kardon Audio, Backlit...
1 used from $999.77
- 13.3 Inch QHD+ 3200x1800 16:9 Display 300nits WideView 170 degrees with Windows 10 Pre-installed
- Latest 7th Gen Intel i5-7200U 2.5 GHz Processor (Turbo to 3.1 GHz)
- Fast storage and memory featuring 256GB SSD with 8GB DDR3 RAM
- Sleek and light weight aluminum body for comfortable portability, 2.6 lbs with battery
- Built-in fingerprint reader with one-touch login via Windows Hello feature
- 57 Whrs Polymer Battery. Up to 12 Hours web browsing
Lenovo ThinkPad E560 15.6 Inch Premium Flagship Laptop (Intel Core i5-6200U up to 2.8GHz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD...Free shipping
- Intel 6th Gen Core i5-6200U (Dual Core, 2.3GHz, up to 2.8GHz, 3MB, 1600MHz)
- 8GB Upgraded DDR3 Memory RAM, 256GB Solid State Drive (SSD), DVD+RW
- 15.6 Inch Anti-glare HD (1366x768) with Intel HD graphics 520 and Webcam
- Intel 3165 ac WiFi + BlueTooth 4.0 , Fingerprint Reader ; 6 Cell Long Lasting Battery
- Windows 7 Professional Installed with Licence Upgradable to Windows 10 Professional
What Do Developers Want In There Laptop?
Make sure you are getting the newest processor in the market within your budget. That will allow you to run your laptop for next 5 years and run any current developing tools in coming time. Processing power may be needed in some cases when you compile your codes. Getting an i5 or i7 processor with the latest generation and higher speed would be ideal in this case.
RAM is another essential hardware component that should be picked while buying the laptop for developers. Try to get the higher size of RAM with higher frequency. Since DDR4 is accessible in the market right now, seek to get the DDR4 RAM if it is supporting your budget. Get 8+ GB RAM when you are buying the laptop. Make sure to check your primary developing software supported hardware requirements and purchased accordingly. Keeping a free RAM slot will allow you to enhance the RAM for future needs.
Graphics Card And Display
Though we are not purchasing the laptop for gaming, it depends on your program or application you are developing to discover out the graphics card needs. Some applications and tools may require GPU, in this case, get the valid laptop for developers with a dedicated latest graphics card. Screen size could be more significant, that will allow you to do the coding and development work in multiple windows on the same screen.
Storage And Battery Life
It is better to go with an SSD laptop. You need a higher disk I/O laptop that could answer your queries and requirements quickly. You could go for a regular hard disk setup or cloud storage to save more data. But it is highly suggested to have primary Operating System and your development apps on SSD hard drive. As a developer, you may be moving around regularly, get the laptop which has the best battery life.
So, These were the Top 10 Best Laptop For Developers. 2018 was a great year for developers and so as would be 2019 because there are a lot of new laptops coming in 2019. Those laptops will have fantastic hardware like the new NVIDIA’s graphics cards and Intel’s Coffee processors that consume less power and provides better performance. Before we conclude, I would like to ask you if you have any suggestions regarding our list of Top 10 Best Laptop For Developers. If so, then do let us know by commenting below.